Make Device Management Easy
Oversee every device on your network (even students’ smartphones) while empowering teachers with classroom-level controls.
Set global school or district usage rules while enabling teachers to monitor and manage classroom internet access.
Require students, staff and guests to authenticate other device types, including personal smartphones, to gate access to your network.
With our Chromebook and Windows apps, students don’t even have to register devices! Simply push out the apps, sync user data and you’re done!
See which school a device is located in, what type of device it is, and to whom it belongs to enforce your Internet Usage Policy.
Classroom-level controls won’t disrupt school or district rules, allowing flexibility with firewalls and filters. For example, leave YouTube available for students and let teachers block it locally.
Start students in focus mode at the beginning of every period so all students are limited to only the educational resources your school purchases. Allow teachers to enable access from there.
Student Smartphone Management
These days, every school is BYOD. Manage access on students’ personal devices while they’re in school to minimize distractions.
New for the 2019-20 School Year!
Every school year we roll out upgrades based on requests from NetRef users. Here’s how we’re making EdTech management, monitoring and measurement even easier this year.
- Increase learning and collaboration with our new Google Classroom integration.
- Allow teachers to edit classes with ease without relying on IT (merge classes, change class names, add/remove students).
- Have more flexibility when creating rules with the ability to add ad hoc classes for non-rostered periods such as study hall.
- Get even greater device management controls by creating permanent blocklists for individual students.
New for Chromebooks!
- Give teachers even more ability to direct student device use, from closing tabs open on student devices to pushing websites out to individual devices or entire classes.
- Get more insight into students’ device usage. View screens in real-time or view screenshots from previously visited sites.
- Use NetRef to communicate with students through instant messaging — no need to disrupt the entire class!
How Does NetRef Work?
1. Install NetRef.
Getting started is easy with our cloud- and appliance-based options. Chromebook and Windows 10 users can simply download our app. Additional device types can easily integrate the NetRef appliance into the existing tech infrastructure
2. Register or Push to Devices
Depending on your device policy, students can either register devices in seconds, no downloads required, or you can use your mobile device manager to select the app and push NetRef out to all Chromebook and Windows 10 users at once.
3. Manage Your Network
Focus on high-level device management while empowering teachers with an easy-to-use tool for managing classroom internet use without affecting school or district-level policies.