Calculate EdTech Usage and Effectiveness
Is that web-based learning program you purchased delivering the outcomes you’d hoped for? Is it being used at all? Gather data to measure license use and determine impact.
Get Actionable Data to Measure EdTech Effectiveness
Gain valuable insight into EdTech use across school sites and the entire district to inform budgeting, purchasing, contract negotiations, and professional development needs around current digital learning program licenses.
Separate school and admin panels ensure everyone within the district has access to only the information they need most.
From the dashboard, get a quick glimpse of EdTech use throughout the district and at individual school sites to see which devices and EdTech resources are being used — and how often.
Access detailed usage reports to determine which devices and programs are meeting recommended usage requirements to impact student achievement and meet learning goals.
Measure EdTech Effectiveness
Few educators review EdTech usage regularly since data collection can be challenging (and time-consuming). NetRef aggregates data into one document for tracking license usage, investment, academic impact, and more.
Student Smartphone Management
These days, every school is BYOD. Manage access on students’ personal devices while they’re in school to minimize distractions without having to purchase an extra system or software.
New for the 2019-20 School Year!
Every school year we roll out upgrades based on requests from NetRef users. Here’s how we’re making EdTech management, monitoring and measurement even easier this year.
- Increase learning and collaboration with our new Google Classroom integration.
- Allow teachers to edit classes with ease and reduce reliance on IT (merge classes, change class names, add/remove students).
- Give IT more flexibility when creating rules with the option to add ad hoc classes for non-rostered periods such as study hall.
- Grant teachers and IT even greater device management control by creating permanent blocklists for individual students.
New for Chromebooks!
- Empower teachers with even more ability to direct student device use, from closing tabs open on student devices to pushing websites out to individuals or entire classes.
- Get additional insight into students’ device usage. View screens in real-time or view screenshots from previously visited sites.
- Use NetRef to communicate with students through instant messaging — no need to disrupt the entire class!
How Does NetRef Work?
1. Install NetRef
Getting started is easy with our cloud- and appliance-based options. Chromebook and Windows 10 users can simply download our app. Additional device types can easily integrate the NetRef appliance into the existing tech infrastructure.
2. Register or Push to Devices
Depending on your device policy, students can either register their devices in seconds, no downloads required, or you can use your mobile device manager to select our app and push NetRef out to all Chromebook and Windows 10 users at once.
3. Measure EdTech Effectiveness
View usage throughout the district in real time and aggregate the data in one convenient location to determine which licenses are worth renewal and which require re-evaluation.