Easy Classroom Management Solutions
DULLES, Va., October 5, 2016—Teachers needs tools to help them manage their class’ online activity with ease, whether their school operates via a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) or one-to-one (1:1) digital setup. The network experts who developed NetRef, a trailblazer in Internet management in schools, incorporated EdTech solutions that can keep teachers working as educators rather than digital traffic cops.
“We wanted to develop a system that is easy to implement and use in order to free up teachers to concentrate on implementing their lesson plans instead of checking smartphones and tablets,” said George Dotterer, CEO and co-founder of Verite Educational Systems Inc. “The Internet is a wonderful learning tool, but teachers need help keeping kids safe and focused on schoolwork rather than social media and memes.”
Placing control back into the hands of teachers in a few simple ways, NetRef:
1. Enables classroom Internet management from one central point.
2. Displays student Internet activity in real-time.
3. Does not require installation on student devices.
4. Can block and allow Internet access by individual student or classroom instantaneously.
5. Tracks Internet usage and generates reports by student, class and school.
6. Provides timeframes of when students have gone off-task.
7. Allows teachers to curb students’ distracting Internet use without public embarrassment.
8. Unifies the classrooms’ online experience.
9. Promotes classroom collaboration.
“Children are growing and learning online, both in and out of the classroom. In the connected classroom, teachers require the ability to show students what is and is not appropriate, set clear boundaries and enforce them,” added Dotterer.
Dotterer and his team designed NetRef to help teachers maximize the web as an educational and collaborative learning tool. With seamless and simple integration, NetRef offers umbrella protection across all systems, hardware and devices, minimizes distractions, and helps keep students on-task.
NetRef and Verite Educational Systems
Easy to use and integrate, NetRef is a new Internet management tool that helps teachers and students get down to the job of learning by managing access to the Internet on any device. Now operating in schools in ten states, NetRef allows schools to maximize their tech investment and help teachers get their classrooms back. NetRef does not require any installation on student devices. Verite Educational Systems is a spin-out of Verite Group, which for over 12 years has provided Subject Matter Expert (SME) services, tailored tech solutions and managed network infrastructure for government programs and corporations. Learn more at www.net-ref.com, on LinkedIn and Twitter: @NetReferee.